A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, July 23, 2004

It's Quaint



Yesterday was my sweetheart's birthday, but as we spent the day down in Bridgewater at the Fairview Inn, I wasn't able to blog about the fact that he turned 38 yesterday. So Happy Birthday Andy!

So - yesterday morning Mom, Aunt Marg, Stacy, Roisin and I bundled into the van and headed off to see the Inn where Andy and I are getting married in October. When we first pulled into the parking lot I was having reservations. It didn't look to be what I expected. I think everyone was feeling the same.

After we walked around the front and into the lobby, we began to feel differently, especially after we met Melissa the Events Coordinator and took a tour of the place. It was built in the mid 1800's and has 24 rooms. These rooms are placed in a complete maze and are so cozy and unique it was hard not to fall in love with it. The thought that it will be full of my friends and family on the 9th of October makes it even sweeter.

After the tour we confirmed a few issues for the event such as the photographer and color scheme. The long and short of it is this - I'm going with the photographer she normally uses as his pictures are decent and the price is very right. The color scheme for our dining tables will be red and white, something I never ever would have thought to do, however as its October I think it'll be ok. And to put it frankly, red and white are the colors of both mine and Andy's country, so why not? The long and short of it is this - I'm not really that bothered over colors.

Oh, and I won't be discussing the wedding cake and what it looks like because there won't be one.

I'm just hoping the weather hold because I want the party and dancing to be held outside in the beautiful pool area. Everything about the place is so comfortable and cozy, including the bar room which opens onto the patio.

In my opinion its just the right place for Andy and I to begin our married life together.

You can find more pictures from the Inn here if you are interested.



Busy Days

The past few days have been hectic as I've been running around catching up with some people and doing the things I've been waiting to do. Wednesday I took a few of Tanya's kids and we went off to Queensland Beach for the afternoon. It was overcast but the waves were huge and despite there being loads of seaweed, I couldn't help but plunge myself into them! Annette and I had gone to Rainbow Haven on Sunday and as it was so foggy and chilly we never even tried.

I've seen a few movies over the past couple of days - The Clearing and Spiderman. Stacy and I were laughing during Spiderman as there was a child behind us doing exactly what kids do at the Theatre, something Tawny was quite vocal about on her blog this week, however he wasn't too bad and his dad did keep him pretty quiet.



I've been a bit worried about my weight since landing back in Canada, as I've been naturally eating out in pubs/restaurants a fair bit, not to mention movie theatre popcorn, something I missed dreadfully. I've been working out at the gym about every second day to try and stabilize my weight, however I must get back today as I haven't worked out since Monday. I suppose if I try and watch what I eat on alternate days and work out consistently I should hold my own. I can't really afford to gain anymore weight and once I get back to New Waltham I will have to make a concerted effort to get off whatever I put on here, plus more.

No comments: