A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, July 25, 2004

The Sweeter Side of Life

Yesterday two very sweet things happened that reminded me of the good things in this world.

The First:
As Annette and I were walking into Walmart, a young man greeted us with the warmest, beautiful smile imaginable. "Good Afternoon Ladies" We smiled and responded in kind to this sweet man. "It's a beautiful day isn't it?" he beamed. I replied "It certainly is". Thus encouraged, "You ladies are looking especially lovely today". We smiled and I replied "Thank you - you're looking pretty good yourself!" With that and his smile somehow growing even larger, he continued on with his work pushing his carts back into place. Walmart should have more people like this on staff.

(I remember having a very similar conversation with this young fellow last year before leaving. I'm pleased to see that he still works there and hope with all my heart that more people than not are kind to him in return. I think its great that places like Walmart and Wendy's employ people with disabilities.)

The Second:
Last night I went to visit my cousins Wayne and Jen. Wayne wasn't yet home from work so I had the pleasure of assisting Jen with getting the twin boys ready for bed. I ended my evening sitting in a rocking chair with the sweetest little baby boy falling asleep cuddled in my arms. It just doesn't get any better than that.



Today's Agenda

Today I'm heading over to Ruth and Bruce's for a BBQ, something I'm really looking forward to. Since I've been home so many good people have been going out of their way to see and spend time with me that I'm sometimes a little overwhelmed. I'm not sure if it will be just the three of us or if the other people Ruth had mentioned inviting will be there or not, but either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Tonight I'm not sure what I will be doing. Dawn and her friend Deb (who is in town for tonight and tomorrow only) are heading downtown. I've not really been on a proper night out as of yet, however I'm not sure what I will be doing as A) my body is in bad shape from my workout yesterday, and b) I need to be fairly alert for my trip to Mercy River tomorrow. Although either of these reasons shouldn't stop me from enjoying myself out if I so choose. I will however see how I feel later on!

No comments: