A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, July 10, 2004

What Took You So Long?

Well I'm home! I made it into Halifax finally in the early morning hours on Thursday after our flight from Toronto was delayed for three hours. I say we, because Stacy flew up to Toronto last Thursday to be there as a surprise for me when I flew in from Manchester on Sunday. To say I was stunned would be an understatement. Tawny was so excited about her surprise that she barely took the time to hug me before pushing me around the corner, only to see Stacy standing there. I couldn't help myself, I broke down into tears. What a great surprise!



After much catching up on Sunday night, we started off on Monday by shopping for my wedding dress. Needless to say, I wasn't overly excited to be doing that but I knew I had to. It made it more bearable to have two of my sisters with me. I went into the shop practically scowling, but came out grinning like an idiot as I had found my wedding dress in less than an hour. Actually, it was the first dress I tried on! It was one Tawny had selected and although I was doubtful, as soon as I had it on, I knew it was the one. Thank God that's done.

We got the invitations sorted out just as quickly and by Tuesday evening they were in the mail. I can't believe how efficiently it was all handled. There were only two glitches with the invitations - 1) I purchased too many 2) I forgot to add 'Best Wishes Only Please' on the invites. Hopefully the word will be spread via conversation. My sisters deserve a big thanks for all the help - I couldn't have (well wouldn't have) done it without them.

We took in the show Mama Mia on Wednesday afternoon and let me just say this - It was absolutely f**king brilliant. I strongly recommend it.



It wasn't easy to say goodbye to Tawny and Taylor on Wednesday night, but I was so looking forward to seeing my mom and dad. I also figure that its very likely I will see them in the next couple of weeks anyway, and if not, I might end up flying back to England via Toronto, so I'm sure we can manage another visit! We had tons of fun while there - it wasn't just all wedding prep.

Here's another shot stolen from Tawny's pictures. I haven't had a chance to download mine.


So, although we were VERY late getting in to Halifax on Wednesday night, nothing felt better than seeing my mom and getting home. It seems as if nothing (well almost nothing)has changed. I've already been up to see Ra and the kids and of course I went today to visit my new baby cousin's Lucas and Brendan - who I might add are absolutely perfect! I'm happily making plans to hook up with friends and hopefully by early next week will have contacted everyone. Roisin's Hannah must have told me at least three times how much she missed me and that she thought of me every day! Gavin didn't have much to say, but the look on his face said it all. And then today when I dropped into the daycare at the gym before my workout, a brother and sister who I always took care of ran to me for big hugs. Brogan who is four looked up at me with this serious expression and said 'What took you so long?'. My heart melted.

No comments: