A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, November 13, 2003

Memorable Quotes
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
--Sir Winston Churchill

Song of the Day:
Believe - Cher

Living in Limbo...
Today is one of those days. I have just spent a few minutes online chatting with Rena and in the middle of the conversation, she wanted to know if I'd be free to babysit for another friend on the night of their staff Christmas Party. This really shouldn't be an issue of course, but it kind of set me back for a moment. Normally I'm quite ok with the fact I have given up a good job, a job where I loved going to work and I especially loved those I worked with. Today, when I'm asked to babysit on the night the party is being held I normally help organize, it really hits home. I knew that life there would go on without me, but I wasn't supposed to be here while it was. Normally when I hook up with friends who used to be co-workers I try not to talk too much about work, at least not my former job - there are differences, of course, but some hit a little close to the heart. So here I am... in limbo. Trying to figure out what is going to happen. I want to pack up and move off to Enlgand to live with Andy, but I have to face facts that this might not happen for awhile. What then? Well I guess I have to start seriously looking for a job. Someone I know who works for another health organization has sent me a job posting. It sounds like a great opportunity, however at the moment I don't think I'm prepared to go back to being an Executive Assistant. As much as I loved my former boss, my co-workers, etc., I really don't miss taking minutes. Everything else about the position was great, but not the minutes, lol. Also I didn't leave my job to find work as another secretary to someone other than Kris. That will come in time, I'm sure.

So, this is my plan: If by next week I should find out that I'm not going to live with Andy, I will be bringing my resume into the head office of the company my friend Dawn works for. Yep. I will apply to go to work in group homes. I can't see why I shouldn't. Its something different, the pay is reasonable, and I can pick my hours as a relief worker. As nice as it is working with Mom and Ivy in the daycare, its not enough, never mind the pay is not good. The perk of getting a free membership is great, as is playing with kids, but right now baby, money talks. I've worked hard these past 10 years and I need to earn more than minimum wage. Not to mention I hate being broke!!!LOL All was fine up until this point, I thought that if at least I wasn't getting to Andy, EI would see me through, but as my luck would have it, the bastards are playing dirty with me. Owell. You win some, you lose some. What more can I say?

Survivor Woes
I must say, Thursday nights is the highlight of my TV week. I can't wait to get back into the drama of the Pearl Islands. I am a bit downhearted that my choice pick, Savage, has been booted out. I thought he was a strong player and deserving of the game. Lil made me really mad last week when she let her bitterness get in the way. (Although I can't say I would have felt any different, lol). So now I'm routing for either Rupert or Burton. I'm also looking forward to actually getting to watch the show with Stacy. In the past, (I'd say for at least the past three Survivors) Stacy and I look forward to watching the show together, however what with her work commitments, we haven't been getting to do so much this season, which sucks, cause this Survivor is good, much better than last season, which was NOT. So anyway, where was I? Right, tonight Stacy and I are back on!!! (the couch, lol).

Let's Go to the Movies!
One great thing that I was annoyed to miss out on from my move to the UK, was the fact that Stacy, who is now an employee of Empire Theatres, is able to bring someone to the movies for free. She was to get her Cast Card only a few days after my departure in August! Well guess what, I'm here and I'm enjoying a multitude of movies free of cost, and better yet, with my best pal. Stacy and I make it quite a habit to see most of the movies released in metro. Thanks Stace!

No comments: