A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, December 22, 2003

Quote of the Day: A Christmas shopper's complaint is one of long-standing. --Unknown

Song of the Day: Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow


Let It Snow...




Last night just as I was going to bed, I decided to have a look out at the weather, and lo and behold... it was snowing! I actually had thought I was glad to see the back of snow, however waking up this morning to a light dusting of snow made me smile. It also achieved something I have been trying very hard to grasp onto.... a bit of Christmas spirit. I don't know what happened, where it went, cause I had lots before moving to the UK, however I'm sure that's what the major issue was, being somewhere that wasn't home. But this is home now and I am happy to say, that as much as I am missing my home in Nova Scotia, I'm looking forward to Christmas with Andy and his family. His sister Allison and her bf Scott are coming on Christmas day, and his sister Claire, who lives in a group home, is coming home tomorrow and will be staying until New Years. I'm excited about this as I haven't met either of his sisters yet.

Ahhh.... Bacardi Breezers....


Welcome to the wonderful world of the best coolers I have ever drank.... normally I'm not a cooler drinker as I find them much to sweet, however when I was here in April I discovered these wonderful pineapple coolers... I loved them but sadly they were not available in NS... I smuggled a bunch back in my suitcase, and to my surprise and happiness, a few months later they were made available in the NS liquor stores. However, here they are available at the store downstairs... and in many more flavors... tonight I am enjoying an orange-vanilla diet breezer... that's right ladies, only 35 calories per bottle! I must note at this time that Andy was kind enough to have my mini fridge (granted my only fridge) stocked full of breezers and Stella beer.

Christmas Prep...
Ok... one of my current beefs about this country is that the stores in the shopping mall do not stay open past 6 o'clock... what's up with that???? But that is not what I'll blog on about tonight. Tomorrow, thankfully, Andy is off at 2 p.m. and will remain off until January 6th. I'm so happy about that as we will finally get to spend some much needed time together. First item on the agenda tomorrow will be the shopping mall. As I am with him over the holidays and far away from my family, I will need to hold on to at least one tradition. My sister Tawny manages to do this by preparing a munchie tray much like the one my dad does. I however can't really do that as dill pickles and good pepperoni are not available here. What Andy and I will be doing is purchasing stockings and filling them for each other. I insist on this. If we don't have stockings, it won't seem much like Christmas to me. After we finish our shopping tomorrow we are off to have dinner in the city of Lincoln, followed by a movie - Love Actually. I know I have seen it already, however Andy has not, and I think its just the movie to get us even more revved up for the holiday.

The Humberside Country Club
I went and had my first workout yesterday afternoon... it wasn't bad, the cardio equipment is top-notch, however I have to say I was a bit dismayed that they don't offer a good stretching area, i.e. bar, they do not offer hand towels, only paper towel, the weight equipment is lacking, AND most importantly, they don't require members to sign up for equipment or clean it off when finished. That to me is unsanitary and plain gross... if people sweat half as much as I do, and I know they do, its just disgusting. I guess this doubly surprises me as its a country club... caters to the upper crust and all... when I have my appointment with a trainer I will be sure to point these discrepancies out... its my right as a paying customer! Something I haven't been at a gym in over 7 years!


No comments: